Another day, another breach. It sometimes looks like we are trapped in a cybersecurity hamster wheel… Those pesky users must have clicked on a phishing link again. In this session, we make the claim for a more human-focused, empathetic security organisation. Simpler security, designed and executed by a customer-obsessed team to show that usability and security are not opposites but actually two sides of the same coin. So, no more security awareness for people, but people awareness for security!
- Examples of bad design and good design (outside of security)
- What makes something usable? That’s all well and good – but isn’t our field special (spoiler: it’s not)?
- Let’s explore 3 different security scenarios from beginning to end and see how we can improve them (in every aspect – so not just technology)
2. Dealing with phishing and potentially malicious websites
3. Sending sensitive information (scenarios might still change)
Summarise into concrete take-aways: what to start doing next day back in the office, next month and next year?